4 Fast-Food Restaurants with a Nutrition Guide Available In-store



Good afternoon, friends! I'm going to tell you a little story, a story that almost all Type 1 Diabetics out there can relate to. I'm sure that this has happened to you at least once. Or something similar, anyways.

Once I was at the mall with my mom, when we passed a crepe and ice cream place that we'd never been to before. Crepes are really thin pancakes that taste heavenly, and I've only ever had them once so naturally I wanted to taste one!

We waited patiently in line, then when we got up to the counter I asked politely for a nutrition guide. The woman working there said she was sorry, but they didn't have a nutrition guide.

I didn't want to make a stink about it, so I got a scoop of ice cream instead of a crepe and estimated a carb count. The ice cream was delicious, but my point is that it would have nice if there was a nutrition guide to refer to.

Yes, most restaurants have nutrition information available online. But that's not very convenient! If you're going out to a formal dinner with some colleagues from work, you can't be on your phone for twenty minutes trying to find the carb count for your meal.

 You'd need to decide what you were going to eat before-hand, then look up the nutrition information and you would have to remember it until you dosed. But what if you change your mind about what you want to eat?

This is where only having nutrition information available online gets tricky. 

To help ensure that you don't have to deal with that kind of unnecessary stress, this week's post is a list of 4 fast-food restaurants with in-store nutrition information established in the GTA (greater Toronto area).



1. Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons has plenty of nutrition guides handy at all of the locations that I've been to. And lets face it, we all go to Tim Hortons very often and so it is nice that they have this information available to us.

2. Dairy Queen 

When I think ice cream, I immediately think Dairy Queen. They are the ultimate ice cream place! They also have stuff like hot dogs too, but ice cream is my favorite :)

3. Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet is a great fast food restaurant, but it doesn't taste like you're eating fast food. Their chicken is the best thing you'll ever taste!

4. Subway

Subway is my absolute favourite restaurant EVER! I'm very happy that they have a nutrition guide in-store because I love their Pizza Sub so much.



I called a lot of different restaurants about this, and they all answered the same thing:

"We used to carry nutrition pamphlets in-store, but all nutrition information is exclusively online now."

Well, there you go. I guess having nutrition information online is convenient for the restaurants, just not so convenient for us.

But if you don't mind going online for nutrition information, here are 5 fast food restaurants with online nutrition information!


1. McDonalds

2. Harveys

3. Starbucks

4. Pizza Hut

5. Pizza Pizza




Thanks for reading this post of That Stupid Pancreas!


If there are any questions/comments/concerns, please don't hesitate to email me about it here!


Don't forget to check us out on Instagram by clicking here!

Or check us out of Facebook here!

And check us out on Google+ here!


Do you want to get email notifications every time I post something new? Then become part of the family by clicking the subscribe button at the top of the page!


Today's question of the day is...


Where is your favourite place to eat? A fancy restaurant? A fast food place? A coffee shop? Comment the answers down below!




Comments

  1. I love coffee shops - that comforting smell of coffee and toast! Love the smell of toast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interrelationships

Insulin Pump Infusion Sites!

Faces of Type 1