JDRF's #AccessForAll Campaign (The Sequel)

I went back to Queen's Park with JDRF this week to continue advocating for CGM (click here for more information on CGM's) and FGM (click here for more information on FGM's) funding by meeting with the Minister of Health, Health Critic, and staff from the Treasury Board, all of whom were very supportive and interested in what we had to say.

(Minister Christine Elliot, Minister of Health)

(Minister France Gelinas, Health Critic. The e in her last name has the accent aigu over it, but I can't get my keyboard to insert it. My apologies!)

As I mentioned previously, and as the title of this post suggests, this isn't my first time at Queen's Park. Click here to read my post that talks about my other meetings at Queen's Park in more detail, but for this post I just want to reiterate one basic thing:

THESE DEVICES ARE LIFE-SAVING AND SHOULD BE FUNDED SO THAT EVERYONE CAN HAVE ACCESS TO THEM!!!

Families should not have to make sacrifices to afford CGM's and FGM's, the devices should be made readily available to them. And they should also have the choice as to which one they want to use depending on their lifestyle.

We can all use our voices to advocate for this. Talk to your friends about it, make a presentation to your class, explain to your extended family members about the importance of these devices. Raise awareness and educate the world around you. Only good things can come from it.

Click here to read JDRF's webpage on their #AccessForAll campaign and how you can get involved.



Thanks for reading this post of That Stupid Pancreas!



If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please don't hesitate to email me about them here!



Don't forget to check us out on Instagram here!

Or on Facebook by clicking here!



Do you want to receive email notifications each time I post something new? Then become part of the family by clicking the subscribe button at the top of the page.



Till next time, Type 1 Warriors!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interrelationships

Insulin Pump Infusion Sites!

Faces of Type 1